Medical Social Worker
Medical Social Workers will assist you psychosocial status and set goals for your recovery/treatment at home. They also help in developing the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members and revising it, as appropriate.
Other services provided by medical social workers include:
- Assessing psychosocial status
- Goal setting
- Developing the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members and revising it, as appropriate
- Assisting other team members in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the health problems
- Assessment of relationships of patient’s medical and nursing requirements to the home situation, financial resources, availability of community resources.
- Counseling services
- Working with the family, as needed
- Preparing clinical and progress notes
- Evaluating effectiveness and outcomes of care
- Utilizing and providing patient/family with community resources
- Discharge planning
- Consultation and coordination of services with other disciplines
- Participating in in-service programs