Our Mission Statement
Allied Home Care is committed to providing high quality, client-centered and affordable home health services to our clients to assist them to lead dignified and independent lives in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Their individual needs are carefully assessed, understood and met through the selective assignment of qualified, trustworthy and compassionate personnel.
- keeping our client’s health, quality of life and well-being central in the design and delivery of services
- relating and interacting with our clients with respect, dignity, compassion, empathy, honesty, and integrity while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality of client information
- showing respect for all cultures, religions, ethnicities; sexual orientation, ages, gender and disabilities
- recruiting, training and retaining competent staff
- valuing, supporting, recognizing and appreciating our staff who are our greatest asset
- nurturing a work environment that encourages personal enjoyment and enhances job satisfaction and performance through recognition and reward
- developing and maintaining positive relationships with the community, including local Home Care and Health Care personnel/organizations
- conducting our business in an accountable and responsible manner
- adhering to the professional code of ethics of the Home Care industry
- applying continuous quality improvement measures throughout our organization
Our qualified, trustworthy and compassionate employees are Screened, Professionally trained, Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Criminal Background Checks are done for your Security.
Our Non-Discrimination Policy
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and its implementing regulation, this Agency will directly or through contractual or other arrangements, admit and treat all persons without regard race, color and national origin; regarding delivery of service and benefits, including assignments or transfers within facilities.
In accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, this Agency will not directly or through contractual or other arrangements, discriminate on the basis of disability (mental or physical) regarding admissions, access, treatment or employment.
In accordance with the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and its implementing regulation, this Agency will not, directly or through contractual or other arrangements, discriminate on the basis of age in the delivery of services unless age is a factor necessary to the normal operation of the achievement of any statutory objective.
In accordance with other agency guidelines this Agency will not discriminate against any person on the basis of creed, sex ancestry, or religion.